“Those who tell the stories rule the world” – Hopi proverb
People engage with, respond to, and remember stories. Not facts and figures. Whether in film and TV, in novels, pitching a product, or telling a dinner party anecdote, great stories get people leaning in and paying attention. And those techniques can be taught!
In this two-hour interactive online workshop, you’ll get a grounding in personal storytelling essentials and leave with a better ability to tell your own stories.
Whether you want to tell stories on stage, breathe life into your next presentation, or craft richer written essays and memoirs, this workshop will sharpen your skills.
In two online hours we’ll
- Discover the neurological basis for the power of stories
- Break down examples of stories to understand why they ‘hook’ us
- Understand the fundamentals of story structure
- Gain techniques to identify and craft stories from our own life
- Learn a step-by-step framework for crafting compelling personal stories
- Tap into elements of vocal and physical performance to help deliver your story effectively
By the end of the workshop, you’ll have
- An appreciation for the power of stories
- An understanding of essential story structure
- Tools to identify and mine stories from your own life
- A framework for elevating your own anecdotes and experiences into powerful stories
- Insights into how to deliver stories that get people to listen and absorb your message
Date: 8 February, 7.30pm – 9.30pm CET (ONLINE)
For more info or to register: https://www.eventbrite.nl/e/442412737407
A text version of this course (with video accompaniment) can be purchased here.